- How to Grill Frozen Burgers
- Frozen Burgers on Grill – How To Cook Them
- How To Cook Frozen Burgers On The Stove?
- How To Cook Frozen Burgers In The Oven?
- Tips to Grill Burgers for The Best Taste
- How to Season Hamburger Patties?
- Some Quick Answers to a few common questions by burger lovers:
Youngsters or even adults staying alone, and without any cooking arrangements at home, often buy burgers in bulk for consumption later on. Now, the real challenge comes when they need to grill these burgers. Though grilling frozen burgers is an easy task and does not require expert cooking skills, you still need to know how to do it correctly.
Many questions may come to your mind if you are grilling frozen burgers for the first time. The main question is – how long to cook frozen burgers on grill or oven? People keep enquiring about the correct way to cook frozen burgers so that they retain their taste and flavor. In this article, we attempt to answer several such questions related to correctly grilling frozen burgers.
How to Grill Frozen Burgers
You can grill frozen burgers on the grill, on the microwave, and even on a pan. If you plan to grill burgers, it is a good idea to thaw them for some minutes. This will help in splitting them easily. Here are some of the best ways to cook frozen hamburger patties or grill them.
Frozen Burgers on Grill – How To Cook Them
- Take out the patties from the freezer and unpack them. If there are any paper separators, you can remove them.
- Season with pepper and salt. If you thaw the patties a bit earlier, pepper and salt can stick easily.
- Fire the grill and let it be on high heat.
- You can then place the patties on this grill. Keep flipping every 3-5 minutes.
- Do not move away from the grill. Watch carefully as the cooking progresses.
- Continue cooking for 20 minutes but keep checking throughout.
- Do not forget to toast the buns. This is an essential step to ensure that the burgers are fresh and taste good.
- Lastly, add your favorite toppings (mustard, meat, tomato, lettuce, onion, mayo, or bacon)
And your work is done!
In case you are wondering, if this is the exact grilling time or how long to cook frozen burgers on the grill, the answer is – No, this is not the thumb rule!
Since all appliances differ, there might be a difference in a few minutes. So, keep checking in between, and accordingly, you can increase or decrease the cooking time.
Check out our reviews of grills to select the best one for your need:
How To Cook Frozen Burgers On The Stove?
If you have a stove at home, you do not have to worry about how to cook frozen hamburger patties, if you have sudden guests at home.
Follow this process and your burgers will be ready in no time:
- Remove the patties from their plastic packaging and split them slowly.
- Next, add oil to the iron pan and set the flame to medium-high.
- Season the patties on both sides.
- You can place the frozen patties on the cast iron pan now.
- Cook for around 4-5 minutes on each side. You can then flip.
- Keep cooking till you notice a nice crush. This can take around 15 minutes.
- Once you see the crust, you can switch off the stove and remove the burger.
(An easy Tip: It is always recommended to thaw before cooking frozen hamburger patties. This will ensure that the seasoning sticks properly.)
So, how to thaw frozen hamburgers correctly?
It is a simple process. You can defrost in your refrigerator. You can just place the frozen meat on the lower shelf of your refrigerator. Allow it to thaw for 2 hours.
How To Cook Frozen Burgers In The Oven?
The question remains the same when using an oven as well. Users like to know how long to cook frozen burgers in the oven. Let us go through the process here as well:
- Start the process by pre-heating your oven first. Pre-heat it to 200 degrees C first.
- You can then place the frozen burgers on the baking tray.
- Ideally, place it on the middle shelf.
- Cook for around 25-27 minutes.
- Keep turning the burger occasionally.
- You need to continue cooking till you find that the juices are running clear.
Now, answering the user’s concern – how long to cook frozen burgers in the oven?
Cooking time may vary slightly depending on the make and function of your oven. So, keep a continuous watch. If you feel, your burgers are done, you can stop cooking.
Tips to Grill Burgers for The Best Taste
- When you are grilling burgers, sprinkle the salt just before you put it on the grill. This will not leave the burgers dry.
- Do not miss too much when you are seasoning the burgers. Too much mixing can make them dense and hard.
- Ensure the grilling temperature is medium heat to low. Burgers cook best at this temperature.
- Try not to flatten the burgers as you use the spatula to turn them. Use the spatula less.
- Ensure that the burger cooks thoroughly no matter where you are cooking it.
How to Season Hamburger Patties?
Seasoning is vital and adds taste and flavor to the patties. There are several ways of seasoning hamburger patties. You can use black pepper, onion and garlic powder, kosher salt, paprika powder, and brown sugar. If you are fond of herbs you can add them as well.
Some Quick Answers to a few common questions by burger lovers:
Can you grill frozen burgers?
Yes, you can. Grilling frozen burgers is easy, does not take much time, and requires no additional skills.
How to season frozen burgers?
You can add any seasoning of your choices such as paprika, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper, and brown sugar for additional taste.
Can you cook frozen burgers?
Yes, you can easily cook frozen burgers. You can cook them on the stove, grill, and even oven. It takes less than 30 minutes, and your burgers will be ready to serve.
All types of burgers take similar grilling or cooking time. Those who love Costco frozen burgers love to store them at home and quickly cook them when friends drop in. Grilling Costco frozen burgers also involves the same time and process.