Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 2 tbsps. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1 can corn
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lime juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tomatoes sliced
1. Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
2. Once oil is hot, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until transparent.
3. Stir in the garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes and cook for 3o seconds until fragrant.
4. Pour in the corn and kidney beans and broth.
5. Season with salt and pepper and give them a good mix.
6. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for about 3o minutes on medium heat.
7. Add tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
8. Once cooked remove from heat.
9. Serve and enjoy!
|Amount per serving 418 g|
|Total Calories||261 kcal|
|Total Carbs||35.99 g|
Protein: 12% 32 kcal
Fat: 35% 90 kcal
Carbohydrates: 53% 140 kcal