- Top 5 Best Thin Waffle Makers Comparison
- Top 5 Best Thin Waffle Makers Reviews
- What To Look For When Choosing Thin Waffle Makers
- Why Use A Thin Waffle Maker?
You shouldn’t limit your culinary creativity because you are cooking at home. Even on rushed weekdays, you can still enjoy a wide range of fun dishes at home. A thin waffle maker makes a great appliance to enhance creativity in your kitchen.
A thin waffle maker allows you to make a wide range of treats in a short period. You can choose from traditional thin waffles to cannoli and Pizzelle. The best part about these interesting kitchen gems is that they are efficient and cook fast. Thus, they allow you to enjoy your treats in no time.
Listed below are the 5 best thin waffle makers in 2020. The included buyer’s guide also walks you through to choose the perfect option for your home.
See also: Top 5 Best Gas Grills Under $200
Top 5 Best Thin Waffle Makers Comparison
|Cuisinart WMR-CA||4.8 / 5||Check Price|
|Cuisinart WM-PZ2||4.7 / 5||Check Price|
|Chef’s Choice 840||4.6 / 5||Check Price|
|CucinaPro Pizzelle Maker||4.5 / 5||Check Price|
|Euro Cuisine WM520||4.4 / 5||Check Price|
Top 5 Best Thin Waffle Makers Reviews
1. Cuisinart WMR-CA Thin Waffle Maker
The Cuisinart WMR-CA Thin waffle maker rocks a silver classic round design.The brushed stainless steel cover gives the waffle maker a clean and sleek look.Fitted with up to 5 settings, the waffle maker allows you to control the browning on your waffle.
The dual indicator lights let you track your cooking. The waffle maker also features a compact design. This allows for on end standing for space saving. The rubber feet on the other end prevent markings on your countertop. The rubber feet also ensure the unit is steady during operation.
- Bakes a single large traditional waffle
- 5 brown setting options
- Built-in regulating thermostat
- Dual “ready to bake” and “ready to eat” indicator lights
- Sturdy lid doesn’t rise at the waffle bakes
- Power cord is designed to wrap under the waffle maker for easy storage
- Red and green indicator lights to notify you to bake and to remove the waffle
- Special latching keeps lid closed during storage
- Top side can be a little too hot to touch during baking
2. Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press Thin Waffle Maker
The Cuisinart Pizzelle Press can bake up to 2 thin 4-inch Pizzelle at the same time. You can choose to either eat them or roll and fill them. The waffle maker’s efficiency lets you enjoy these scrumptious delights in 60 seconds. The waffle press features 2 decorative patterns that imprint on each baked Pizzelle.
A measuring spoon and rolling dowel are also included for making cannoli. And when you have cooked, a locking lid ensures it remains secure. The brushed stainless steel waffle also stores upright. This attractive and clean design also adds style to your kitchen countertop.
- Measures 9” x 8” x 4”
- Free measuring spoon and rolling dowel
- Dual 4-inch Pizzelle/waffle molds
- 5 browning setting
- Built with versatility to allow you to make waffles, Pizzelle and cannoli
- Easy brush clean design
- Extremely non-stick cooking surface
- Compact design makes it easy to store
- The locking mechanism is not very secure
3. Chef’s Choice Pro Thin Waffle Maker
The Chef’s Choice Pro waffle maker design accommodates up to 5 heart shaped waffles at the same time. The waffle maker features a unique quad baking system. This design allows you to customize your baking. You can set the flavor, texture, and color. With this waffle maker, you also have added cooking choices. You can choose the deep bake mode or crispy exterior and moist interior.
You can also decide the color from golden to brown. The waffle’s fast operation also enhances your efficiency. The instant temperature recovery enables this efficiency. And when ready, the waffle’s beeper and light alert you.
- Advanced floating top baking plate
- Measuring 9” x 9.5” x 3”
- Overflow channel for easy cleaning
- Unique quad baking system
- The floating top baking plate evenly distributes the batter
- Built in cord provides effective storage
- The unique quad baking system customizes flavor, texture and color
- The overflow channel system provides easy accessibility for cleaning
- The Teflon easily comes off
4. CucinaPro Pizzelle Maker Thin Waffle Maker
If you are on a budget, the CucinaPro waffle maker is an ideal option. Even with its budget, it doesn’t limit your creativity. The CucinaPro also doubles as a Pizzelle baker. The waffle maker makes two 5 inch Pizzelle. It features a non-stick surface that makes cooking easy.
Wipe it clean when done cooking. The waffle maker also features a unique polished interior and exterior. This provides a classy look whilst maintaining its high functionality. The extra thick baking plates on the other end provide even heat distribution.
- 2 x 5-inch baking plates
- Hand protecting steam guards
- Stainless steel polished interior and exterior
- Non-stick baking plates
- Comes with a free recipe book to try different styles
- The steam guards help to protect your hands
- The extra thick plates help to evenly distribute heat
- Affordably priced
- The waffle maker doesn’t have indicator lights
5. Euro Cuisine WM520 Thin Waffle Maker
The Euro Cuisine waffle maker’s construction makes 5 heart-shaped waffles. These 5 piece waffles measure 8 inches. And to enhance the waffle maker’s cooking efficiency, it features non-sticky plates. The non-sticky plates are a PTFE and PFOA free. The waffle maker’s versatility allows it to accommodate different batters and shades.
The adjustable controls on the other end allow you to adjust the texture and color of the waffles. The subtle waffle design allows for safe and vertical storage. The chrome exterior gives it enhanced durability and weather resistance. The chrome exterior also adds a classic look to your kitchen.
- Adjustable temperature controls
- Chrome exterior design
- 8-inch baking space
- PTFE and PFOA free non-stick baking plates
- The waffle maker is built for safe vertical storage
- Extremely durable chrome exterior
- The plates are effectively non-sticky
- Enhanced heat up duration
- It easily gets hot
What To Look For When Choosing Thin Waffle Makers
Number And Size
You will come across waffle makers that make different waffle sizes and quantities. Thus, you must know the ideal size you want. You may come across a waffle maker that makes a single 8-inch waffle or two 5 inch waffles.
You will also come across some that makes up to 5 smaller waffles in different shapes. This includes heart shaped or quarter circle shaped waffles. Think about the size of your household and efficiency especially on weekdays. This will help you make your decision.
The speed of your waffle maker denotes how long it takes to cook waffles. You want an efficient one. Models such as the Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Thin Waffle Maker are an excellent example. This model features improved efficiency. They take only 60 seconds to bake the waffle.
You especially want your waffle maker to be fast if they boast smaller cooking capacity. Look for features such as quick heat up systems. Temperature recovery features also ensure high cooking speed and efficiency.
You also want your thin waffle maker to boast adjustable controls. This design helps to enhance its versatility. Adjustable controls allow you to adjust the color of your waffles. These range from golden to brown colors.
Also, some waffle makers even allow you to customize the texture and flavors of your waffles. Good quality thin waffle makers come with up to 5 adjustable temperature settings.
Furthermore, look for waffle makers with descriptions such as even heat distribution. This prevents hot spots on the waffles to provide even cooking.
Indicator Lights And Sounds
Indicator lights and sounds on your waffle maker help to ease your cooking process. Good quality thin waffle makers feature at least two indicator lights. They come in different colors such as red and green. This allows the waffle maker to alert you when it is ready to add the batter and when the waffle is ready to eat.
Sound indicators help with the same task. Yet, they come in handy especially if you leave the kitchen and walk into another room. A good example is a busy weekday morning when you are preparing for work.
Ease of Cleaning
After using the waffle maker, you want it to be easy to clean. This enhances your efficiency and maintains the waffle maker’s functionality. Look for features such as non-stick plates to wipe. Drip trays to trap residues and grease also work.
And if you can find removable plates, it’s even better. This is because they can be thoroughly cleaned. A smooth exterior also makes it easier to wipe the waffle maker clean. these include brushed stainless steel and chrome exteriors.
Ease Of Storage
A waffle maker that’s easy to store is also important. Look for features such as wrappable electric cords. This allows them to stores underneath the waffle maker. This cuts down the hassle of struggling with the cords during storage. This design also helps to protect the cord.
Cord winders are also handy because they prevent cord tangling. Other features to look for include vertical or horizontal standing. This adds the stability and security of your waffle maker. Rubber bottoms provide secure positioning whilst prevent scratches and markings on your countertop.
Why Use A Thin Waffle Maker?
Normal waffle makers produce fluffy and spongy waffles with deep filling pockets. So, if you want thin waffles instead, you must invest in a thin waffle maker. These waffle makers also provide a wide variety of thin waffles. Whether you want a chewy or crispy finish. Some waffle makers even boast added versatility.
They do this by allowing you to make treats such as Pizzelle and cannoli. Using thin waffle makers, you can also make waffle ice cream cones. Thin waffle makers also come with added benefits. Thin waffle makers are more efficient and cook significantly faster. For added value, thin waffle batters don’t need yeast either.
How Do I Make Waffles Using A Thin Waffle Maker?
To make waffles using a thin waffle maker, follow the guide below:
- Ensure the waffle maker is wiped clean
- Prepare waffle batter to your preference
- Turn on the waffle maker and spray cooking oil on the baking plates
- Wait at least 2 to 3 minutes for the waffle maker to preheat or until the indicator light comes on
- Adjust the temperature setting to desired browning
- Fill your measuring cup and pour the batter on to the plates
- Close the lid and the waffle cook according to the waffle maker’s indicated cooking time or until the ready to eat” indicator light comes on.
- Remove the waffles using a non-metal utensil
- Turn off and unplug the waffle maker
- And enjoy your thin waffles with toppings of your choice!
How Do I Clean A Thin Waffle Maker?
To clean your waffle maker, the safe way, follow the guide below:
- Unplug the waffle maker
- Removed the food bits and grease using a paper towel
- Then, wipe clean the plates using a damp cloth
- You can thoroughly clean removable plates in your kitchen sink using soap, water and gentle brush
- Wipe the exterior with a damp cloth as well
- Let it air dry before using it again
What Is The Difference Between Thin Waffles And Belgian Waffles?
Thin waffles tend to be thinner and crispier than Belgian waffles. Belgian waffles are a much thicker and fluffier variation of waffles. Because of their thickness, Belgian waffles also take longer to cook and defrost. In addition, Belgian waffles also contain yeast to fluff them up whilst thin waffles do not.
Thin waffle makers add quite an artistic and culinary versatility into your kitchen. These waffle makers not only enhance your efficiency on a busy weekday morning. They also help to bring out your creativity when you have ample time in the kitchen. Whether you want to experiment with cannoli or make fun waffle ice cream cones for your family on a hot summer day.
So what are you waiting for?! Go through the list of the 5 best thin waffle makers above to find the ideal option for your household. If you are on a budget, the CucinaPro Thin Waffle Maker. And if you are looking for efficiency for a large family, then the Chef’s Choice Pro Thin Waffle Maker is the best option.