- Top 5 Best Mattresses Under $300
- What To Look For When Choosing The Best Mattress Under $300
If you are looking for the best mattress under $300 – you are in the right place. At under $300, you can still find very good quality soft and firm mattresses. Investing in a good mattress goes a long way to maintaining good back health.
A good mattress doesn’t only offer gentle support to the body. It also keeps your spinal cord aligned; no matter the position you sleep in. This, in turn, leaves you feeling healthier, energized, and stress-free. So, below, we’ve compiled our list of the 5 top picks for the best mattress under $300. It’s now the time to pick a good health-promoting mattress for our home!
Top 5 Best Mattresses Under $300
1. Vibe Gel Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress
The Vibe gel memory foam mattress features the right functional thickness. The queen-sized mattress features a 2-inch memory foam layer. Underneath the foam layer is a 3-inch gel-infused foam that draws heat away from the body.
Thanks to this design, you will enjoy comfortable and better sleep. Furthermore, the mattress boasts a 7-inch conforming high-density base foam. The base foam offers surrounding support and responsive relief distributed along pressure points. You will enjoy this function no matter your sleeping position.
- Luxury stretch knit quilted fiber cover
- Adjustable base friendly
- Medium plush feel
- Queen size
- Memory foam molds to the shape of your body
- Cool gel foam regulates temperature
- Naturally hypoallergenic and resists bacteria, mold, and dust
- Shipped compressed for easy transport and delivery
- Sitting up for long periods is not comfortable as the mattress sinks
2. Ashley Chime 12 Inch Plush Hybrid Mattress
For individuals suffering from allergies, the Ashley Chime Mattress is a perfect option. The mattress boasts hypoallergenic construction that doesn’t trigger allergies. Its 0.75-inch high density super soft quilt foam makes it comfortable and soft. The 0.25-inch gel memory foam offers great lumbar support and pressure relief.
Additionally, gel memory foam improves temperature control. Its fire retardant fiber polyester enhances coziness. Single inch upholstery grade comfort support foam enhances support as well. The mattress also comes with 2 perimeter rows of 9-inch and 13-gauge individually wrapped coils. This design offers optimal edge support and body contouring.
- Queen size
- High-density gel memory lumbar support
- Retardant fiber polyester comfort fiber
- Upholstery-grade comfort support foam
- Compatible with all bases and bed frames
- Pressure relief and temperature control high-density gel memory foam
- Fire retardant polyester fiber adds extra coziness
- 2 perimeter rows of individually wrapped coils offer optimum edge support and body contouring
- The springs can be a little uncomfortable
3. LUCID 10 Inch Memory Foam Plush Feel Mattress
The Lucid memory foam mattress features a 10-inch plush layer design. This build makes the mattress perfect for side sleepers. It also works great for those who want a soft and pressure relief mattress. Its gel infusion on the other end provides superior temperature control. In fact, the plush foam offers better temperature control than traditional memory foam.
Additionally, the foam layer molds to the shape of your body for pressure point relief. Furthermore, the mattress features transition foam and bamboo charcoal infused support foam. These two extra layers offer extra stability and full body support.
- Soft mattress design
- 3.5-inch ventilated gel-infused memory foam layer
- 4.5-inch dense bamboo charcoal infused support foam
- Platform frame and adjustable base friendly
- Bamboo charcoal base foam to minimize odor build up
- Plush mattress feel
- Compatible with adjustable bases, decorative frames, and platform frames
- Ventilated design for added breathability and airflow
- Some issues with mold build up
4. Zinus 10 Inch Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
Integrating a gel and green tea infused foam, the Zinus mattress offers comfort. The green tea and cool gel infusion offer the mattress increased temperature control. Thanks to these infused foam, the mattress offers odor-controlling effects as well. Furthermore, the gel and green tea infusion allow the mattress to mold to the shape of your body.
The mattress also features a 2.5-inch soft comfort foam and a 5.5-inch high-density support foam layer. Thanks to this design, the mattress works best for back and average weight sleepers. Yet, the mattress supports a weight capacity of up to 500 lbs.
- Green tea and gel-infused memory foam
- Soft poly jacquard cover
- 500 lb. weight capacity
- Queen size
- Antioxidant-rich green tea infusion tackles odor-causing microbes
- Attractive and soft poly jacquard cover
- Gel infusion cools the mattress
- Molds to the shape of your body for a custom fit
- Some issues with inflation
5. Novilla 10 inch Gel Memory Foam Queen Size Mattress
Made with a 4 layer foam system, the Novilla mattress keeps you cool and comfortable. At the top, gel-infused memory foam keeps you cool and free from odors. Its egg crate foam layer improves airflow throughout the mattress. Its bamboo cover on the other end enhances breathability by up to 30%.
Additionally, the gel foam is combined with comfort foam. This blend helps to evenly distribute pressure for added relief and spinal alignment. Furthermore, the blend prevents rolling off and sagging. Its removable rayon cotton fabric cover is hypoallergenic; allowing for better health. Its removable design allows for easy cleaning as well.
- 2-inch cooling gel-infused memory foam
- 2-inch airflow comfort form
- 3-inch air circulation foam
- 3-inch supportive high-density base foam
- Easily bounces back when you move
- Works on relieving pressure points
- Offers four-way back support
- Bamboo cover for added breathability
- It can be firm for some people
What To Look For When Choosing The Best Mattress Under $300
When choosing the best mattress to invest in, you want to focus on its key features. This allows you to pick the right option for your needs. In this buying guide, we’ve shared the key features for choosing the best mattress under $300.
There are up to six different types of mattresses in the market today. Thus, when you are choosing one, you want to which type you want.
A memory foam mattress features a soft feel. It molds to the shape of your body upon exertion of pressure. This makes it great for back and spine support. Additionally, its slow foam reaction time means that you will not experience interruptions. This because the mattress doesn’t immediately constrict upon exertion of pressure.
Latex foam on the other end has a bounce and sponge-like feel. Unlike memory foam, it is more breathable. Yet, it tends to be more expensive and normally doesn’t fit the under $300 threshold.
Polyurethane foam has a more balanced feel. It’s favored for its variety of densities; allowing you to pick what you need.
Hyper-elastic polymer mattresses feature a gel-like material. These mattresses are normally softer, bouncier, and more responsive. But, they still maintain firm support for your back. They offer pain relief to the hips, shoulders, and back. Additionally, they also support the trunk and lower back.
Coil spring offers increased support, especially for heavy set individuals. It tends to hold its shape better than foam mattresses.
Hybrid mattresses combine more than one material. Thus, a coil spring mattress is also considered to be a hybrid. Other types of mattresses include those made from foam and helper elastic polymer.
Mattress sizes are available in twin, queen, king, and California king options. Yet, for the best mattress under $300, you are looking at a twin or queen size. A size larger will require you to spend more. A twin size bed is adequately sized to support a single person. A queen size on the other end supports up to two people.
Why Are Firm Mattresses Better?
A firm mattress keeps your lower back comfortable. This allows for proper air and blood circulation when you sleep. Whether you sleep on your back or belly, they are ideal. This is because they provide a stable and even surface.
Which Is Better A Soft Or Firm Mattress?
It depends on the type of sleeper you are. A firm mattress is best for both stomach and back sleepers. Soft mattresses on the other end are ideal for side sleepers. They are also comfortable for those who like to sink into their mattresses.
Should I Put Anything Under My Mattress?
Yes, you should put a mattress foundation or base. This supporting material helps to hold your mattress up, no matter your frame type. This ensures that the mattress offers optimal support.
Investing in the best mattress under $300 doesn’t only give you value for your investment. You will still be able to find the best quality twin and queen size mattresses. So, check out the top 5 list above to find the ideal choice for your home.
Our favorite for the overall best mattress is the Vibe mattress. For a soft mattress, our recommended pick is the LUCID mattress. For the best firm mattress, our recommended top pick is the Novilla mattress.